This article is intended for the members of TeamDX.
Following are the steps you need to take in order to transfer files using private key (without password) provided to you by your team lead.
- Open the FileZilla client.
- From the top of the home screen, click on Edit and select Settings.
On the left side of the menu, expand the Connection section and highlight SFTP.
- Click on the [Add keyfile…] button and browse your local machine's directories and select your Private Key file provied by your team lead.
- Then, again from the top of FileZilla's home screen, click on File and select Site Manager.
Finally, on the left side of the Site Manager, click on the New Site button and type a unique name under My Sites that will allow you to easily identify this particular remote server in the future.
- Now, under the General tab, fill in the Host (with either an IP address or domain name) and Port fields (22).
- In the Protocol dropdown menu, select SFTP – SSH File Transfer Protocol.
- In the Logon Type dropdown menu, select Interactive.
- Click Connect button to connect to your server.