This article is intended for the members of TeamDX.
Following are the steps you need to take in order to log in to server using private key provided to you by your team lead.
- Start PuTTY by double-clicking its executable file.
- PuTTY's initial window is the Session Category (navigate PuTTY's various categories, along the left-hand side of the window);
- In the Host Name field, enter the IP address of the server or its domain name
- Enter the 22 as port number in the Port field
- Select SSH under Protocol;
- Along the left-hand side of the window, select the Data sub-category, under Connection;
- Specify the username that is provided to you by team lead, in the Auto-login username field
- Expand the SSH sub-category, under Connection;
- Highlight the Auth sub-category and click the Browse button, on the right-hand side of the PuTTY window;
- Browse your file system and select the private key given by the team lead;
- Return to the Session Category and enter a name for this profile in the Saved Sessions field, e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Click the Save button for the Load, Save or Delete a stored session area.