- Login to your server using putty
- Go to RubyForge and copy the URL of Redmine version you want to upgrade to.
- Download it to your server using wget command.
- Go to Redmine Site to check the requirements. Make sure you have all the required versions of gems installed. Please note that
- Rails 2.3.5 will fail with RubyGems 1.5.0 and later, stick to previous versions of RubyGems
- i18n 0.4.2 is required for Redmine >= 1.0.5 and i18n 0.4.2 require RubyGems 1.3.5 so
You need to install a version of RubyGem between 1.3.5 and 1.4.2 for Redmine >=1.0.5
- Uncompress the newly downloaded program archive in a new directory.
- Copy your database settings-file config/database.yml into the new config directory.
- Copy your email settings-file config/email.yml into the new config directory.
- Copy the RAILS_ROOT/files directory content into your new installation.
- Copy the folders of your installed plugins into new installation directory
- Run the following command from your Redmine root directory:
- VERY IMPORTANT: do NOT overwrite config/settings.yml with the old one
- Go to your new redmine directory, then migrate your database:
rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=production
If you have installed any plugins, you should also run their database migrations.
rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS_ENV=production
- You should clear the cache and the existing sessions:
- Check for any themes that you may have installed in the "public/themes" directory
- Restart the application server.
- Finally go to "Admin -> Roles & permissions" to check/set permissions for the new features, if any.